- to cause (the skin) to roughen, redden, or crack, especially as a result of cold or exposure
- To split or become rough and sore
- The headwind chapped the cyclist's lips.
- She has skin that chaps easily in winter.
- A normally deep red coloured cultivar of the beet. A root vegetable usually cooked or pickled before eating.
- They had beetroot on Christmas' night.
- To move vigorously or erratically; thrash about:
- To strike or lash out violently:
- His arms flailing helplessly in the water.
- The boxers flailing at each other in the ring.
- To travel around from place to place
- “Swanning around Europe nowadays, are we?”
- an exasperating or being exasperated; great irritation or annoyance
- Katie said with exasperation in her tone.