Proceeding with my 5 new words of the day ~
- The tome was far heavier than he thought as it is made of something different than cardboard or paper.
- The psychology's students have to study the 800 pages of tome.
- to think up; devise; scheme; plan: to contrive a way to help
- to construct skillfully or ingeniously; fabricate
- to bring about, as by a scheme; manage: he contrived to get in
- to scheme for evil purposes
- They contrived together to help the homeless person a home to stay.
- He contrived to get into the well-known school after a few interviews.
- The thieves contrive to get into the big, luxury house after turning off the security system.
- to carry on a secret love affair
- to plot or scheme secretly or underhandedly
- They had an intrigue many yeas ago.
- Maybe it was the intrigue, or maybe it was that gut feeling that something wasn't as it appeared.
- To delay; to be late in beginning or doing anything.
- To linger in expectation of something or until something is done or happens.
- To abide, stay or wait somewhere, especially if longer than planned.
- To stay somewhere temporarily
- It is true that Mrs. Nora will come though she may be tarry.
- Alya has been tarry for waiting for her boyfriend who is late for almost one hour.
- She lives in a tarry house until her husband gets home from his work.