- To make a solemn promise (to do something).
- To deposit something as a security; to pawn.
- To give assurance of friendship by the act of drinking
- We have this pledge among ourselves not getting a Texas mile near any of these cases.
- And with my heart I pledge to you all that I am.
- Funds or property donated to an institution, individual, or group as a source of income.
- A natural gift, ability, or quality.
- The trustees cannot normally spend permanent endowment without our authority.
- No win, no fee on endowment compensation claims.
- to have great regard for; value highly; respect
- to hold to be; consider; regard
- We esteem it an honor to be invited to their wedding of the year.
- To flow forth suddenly, in great volume.
- To make an excessive display of enthusiasm or sentiment.
- He decided that even if she sounded like a cat in heat, he would gush over her with praise.
- Water gushes from a fountain and it looks very beautiful.
- PERCOLATE (v)
- To drain or seep through a porous material or filter.
- To become lively or active.
- To spread slowly or gradually
- The acid was allowed to percolate downwards until it disappeared from sight.
- All rainwater is allowed to percolate back into the ground via a graveled parking area.